Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Hello Curio, are you there?

I  believe that Curiosity is the greatest gift of God, to mankind.

Recently, while operating on my blog of these short stories,  I noticed that one of them titled ‘ Niropa Samaarambha’ showed a log entry of one thousand and  odd visitors. There also appeared a list of different countries of these visitors, like U.S, U.K., Malaysia, Russia, India, Ukraine, Hawaaii Germany, Japan, and so on & so forth.


Obviously, these stories being penned in Marathi, [ Which is my mother tongue, and the official language of Maharashtra State in INDIA ], I presumed that many of these visitors must be conversant with this language.
However, that still leaves a part of visitors who might have visited these pages out of sheer curiosity, though not knowing this language at all.
It is this class of visitors, to whom, I believe, I owe a vote of thanks, and a word of explanation too.

Well, this website is titled ‘ KAPAALAALAA    HAAT ‘…. a Marathi phrase, which literally means ‘Putting one’s palm to his/her forehead in awe’
This happens in umptin number of incidents materializing in the open world 
around us.
Each one of the twenty stories published on Google + so far, [ & more are coming ], is a narration of such real life incidents of wits & humour, I happened to be part of  in my life, wherein someone or the other was dumbstruck with surprise, putting his/her palm to the forehead.
Being real life stories, every time I read them between the lines, I happen to note a different aroma of  ' The Philosophy Of Living '.
Efforts are on to get these stories classically translated in English, for the benefit of such present and future visitors.
As soon as the efforts begin to fructify, rest assured, that the English versions of all these stories will also appear on Google + one by one.

Till then, thank you with a warm handshake.

----- RAVISHANKAR.
       February 12th 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment